Sunday, June 13, 2010

South Africa vs Mexico

Feeling bored, I turn on the TV in my room to find that a soccer match is on which is the first match of the World Cup (Friday 11 June 2010).

In the first half of the match nobody scores a goal but Mexico is right there by our goal posts throughout the whole 45 min.

In the second half South Africa scores the first goal putting them in the lead. Feeling happy that we are winning, I tell my mom and go to my gran’s room to tell them but they were also watching.

Mexico scores a few minutes later making it a tie. So far I thought that this would not be the final score because they usually do penalty shootouts at the end of a match if the score is the same.

At the end of the match I was hoping to see South Africa’s player, Tshabalala, score another goal in the penalty shootouts. I found out a few minutes later that there was no penalty shootout and the match was a draw.

© copyright Zooty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock and screech! Leave a comment!